We are thrilled to congratulate five of our represented artists on their finalist positions in the Archibald and Sulman Prizes. Robert Malherbe and Jasper Knight have each been honoured as finalists in the Archibald prize for their respective works Dana, head in hands and Abdul Abdullah. In the Sulman Prize, three James Makin Gallery artists have been honoured: Belem Lett for his work Bending over backwards, Holly Greenwood with Grogans, and Paul Ryan, for his collaborative work with Christopher Zanko, Bulli, Rock Steady. We would also like to congratulate James Makin Gallery stock artist, Felix von Dallwitz on his Archibald prize finalist position for his portrait of Dylan Alcott.
Of course, we also extend our congratulations to all finalists in what are arguably Australia’s premier art awards.
We are pleased to announce three upcoming major solo exhibitions by our finalist artists:
Robert Malherbe: Something Must Remain 9-24 July
Jasper Knight: The Lost Weekend 30 July – 14 August
Holly Greenwood: New Works 30 July – 14 August
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org catalogue previews of our upcoming exhibitions, or to enquire about available works by any of our finalist artists.
Works top row L-R:
- Robert Malherbe. Dana, head in hands. Oil on canvas. 30.2 x 30.2 cm
- Jasper Knight. Abdul Abdullah. Enamel, gloss acrylic, pencil and gesso on plywood. 180 x 140 cm
- Belem Lett. Bending over backwards. Oil, gesso and marble dust on aluminium. 149.9 x 125.2 cm
Works bottom row L-R:
- Holly Greenwood. Grogans. Oil on board. 90 x 120 cm
- Christopher Zanko, Paul Ryan. Bulli, Rock Steady. Oil and acrylic on wood relief. 120 x 99.9 cm
- Felix von Dallwitz. Dylan Alcott, AOTY. Oil on linen. 100.4 x 70 cm.